Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can any of you guys that own the above tell me what the _outputs_ on the AV Centre (tuner) are? It's not obvious looking at the website.

I'm hoping to be able to take an S-Video output from the tuner into a capture card in a HTPC, use DScaler and then plug the Aquos screen into the HTPC.

Would this be possible?

Thanks

KC

·
Super Moderator
21,501 Posts
Hi

it has the following outputs on the AV box:

RF tuner output

S video and composite video

Audio L/R

but I am not sure it will do what you want because the S video output is determined by what input is selected- you cannot make independent connections to the display

Mark

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what you mean by the last sentence - not making independent connections to the display?

I switch the AVC input to the internal tv tuner, run the tuner output into a capture card, then attach the Aquos screen directly to the output on my PC's video card. If the AVC has a tuner out, then I don't understand why you don't think this will work. I'd be grateful for any clarification!

The reason I'd like to do it this way is that I suspect the Aquos tuner will be better quality than a PC tv tuner (the ones I've tried seem pretty poor).

KC

·
Super Moderator
21,501 Posts
OK- I see what you are doing- you are taking the tuner RF out to the PC card

would be interested to know how you make out

Mark

:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·