AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. Hooked up new Denon receiver, programmed Denon remote for sharp blu ray. It said remote set.

But, after turning on blu ray and then choosing the Quick button for blu ray on the Denon remote, I have picture and sound from the blu ray but no control with the Denon remote NOR the Sharp remote. (??) So I'm stuck with the main start screen of the blu ray on tv screen and the background music playing, but no matter what button I push I can't change from play to scene to anything. Nor does Enter or OK work to start the blu ray on either remote.

Odd side note: the counter on the blu ray machine that tells you how far you are into a movie is counting up the whole time.

I have been through the Denon owner's manual ont the CD that came with the receiver, and searched the internet to no avail. Would be most grateful for any input from this community.

·
Premium Member
90,380 Posts
Just because a code is registered in the Denon remote does not necessarily mean it will work correctly. Try the other codes listed as well; however, I would get the BDP's own remote control to work first (ie. try resetting the BDP).

Also note there is a dedicated thread for Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's linked in my sig. Review posts 3-6 in that thread for more helpful information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I updated the blu ray firmware and got the blu ray's remote working again. Still can't get the Denon remote to control it however.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Best investment i have ever made was my logitech remote. it lets me control all my HT equipment with the touch of a button. You can set activities such as watching tv, or bd etc. This stuff can be complicated for kids and wives who just want to watch the damn tv
they will thank you .

·
Premium Member
90,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhomesale  /t/1420266/sharp-aquos-blu-ray-wont-work-with-denon-avr-1612/0_100#post_22220168

Thanks. I updated the blu ray firmware and got the blu ray's remote working again. Still can't get the Denon remote to control it however.

If there are other preset codes listed for the TV, try them as well, otherwise, as Socketman suggests, you may want to consider using a Harmony remote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts