AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello there, I'm new to this forum and have done some research but am at a loss.

My question is, I believe I have he wrong remote for my TV, it is a 3d tv but on the remote I do not have a 3d button. Where the 3d button is located there is a button that says ATT.

Now I recently got some 3d glasses (which with Sharp cost a crap load) I got 3 for the family. Went to surprise the kids and Bam no 3d. Rented a movie from on demand and the screen came up as a split screen. I went int the 3d settings on the tv and nothing... nothing gave me any indication of a side by side switching to 2d etc... Now after further review and talking to a representative for over an hour, they seemed to think it was the wrong remote.

So is there anyway to go into the tv settings that I am missing to change that split screen to the 3d show I ordered, or is that little button that says 3d on it (which I don't have because I have the wrong remote with my TV) my only option??

As far as I can tell it is....

Very frustrated and talked to Sharp and they want to charge me for a new remote...

I get that they are a company.. but if you get the wrong remote with the TV should you not get that rectified??

This thing was the top of the line TV they had and cost lots....

Any rate I digress...

Help

P.P.thank you..

·
Registered
5,774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piperdoog  /t/1521146/sharp-aquos-led-847u#post_24443868

Hello there, I'm new to this forum and have done some research but am at a loss.

My question is, I believe I have he wrong remote for my TV, it is a 3d tv but on the remote I do not have a 3d button. Where the 3d button is located there is a button that says ATT.

Now I recently got some 3d glasses (which with Sharp cost a crap load) I got 3 for the family. Went to surprise the kids and Bam no 3d. Rented a movie from on demand and the screen came up as a split screen. I went int the 3d settings on the tv and nothing... nothing gave me any indication of a side by side switching to 2d etc... Now after further review and talking to a representative for over an hour, they seemed to think it was the wrong remote.

So is there anyway to go into the tv settings that I am missing to change that split screen to the 3d show I ordered, or is that little button that says 3d on it (which I don't have because I have the wrong remote with my TV) my only option??

As far as I can tell it is....

Very frustrated and talked to Sharp and they want to charge me for a new remote...

I get that they are a company.. but if you get the wrong remote with the TV should you not get that rectified??

This thing was the top of the line TV they had and cost lots....

Any rate I digress...

Help

P.P.thank you..

If at all possible, I would suggest that you contact the merchant from whom you purchased the TV, explain the situation in detail to them, and ask that they provide you with the correct remote in exchange for the unit you were given originally. In the interim, you may be able to work around the problem by doing the following:

Go into MENU, select SYSTEM OPTIONS, then select 3D SETUP. The options for 3D AUTO CHANGE are MODE 1 and MODE 2; you want to select MODE 2, so that "3D mode is selected automatically when, in addition to detecting a 3D signal while viewing video from a VOD service or HDMI-connected equipment, a video pattern with "Side by Side" or "Top and Bottom" format is also detected."

Here is a link to the TV's manual...the information I quoted above is on page 46 of the PDF:

http://files.sharpusa.com/Downloads/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTVs/Manuals/mon_man_LC70LE847U_LC60LE847U_LC70LE745U_LC60LE745U.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts