AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I bought a Aquos LC-46D64U LCD TV a couple of days ago and it worked fine for the first two days and today it seems to have malfunctioned. When you turn it on the screen flashes brightly(almost like a camera flash) when I send it a signal from a DVD player or Sat reciever I can faintly see the picture in the background, but the flashing is still there and very bright. I have a couple of questions for the more experienced guys on how to deal with this problem.

Firstly I bought this tv brand new sealed in the box on clearance at the Brick in Canada. I know they willl try to fix the TV first before taking it back.(I phoned the store where I bought it and they said phone Head Office tomorrow) I also phoned Sharp and they provided me a phone # for their local repair shop(free in house service), and put a reference # on file. The Sharp Rep said they would try to fix the TV and if not have it replaced.

Just wondering what I should do, try to strong arm the Brick into giving me a new TV, they will want to inspect/repair the tv first, I am sure of that. Should I just go through the Sharp rep and their repair place or spend my energy fighting the Brick, if the TV wasn't on Clearance I wouldn't hesitate to return it, what to do?????

·
Registered
636 Posts
I would return it and demand a full refund or replacement. Two days old... That's unacceptable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to the store repair company and they told me to exchange for a new set rather then repair the two day old one. I have a new in box set arriving on friday!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Good deal.... enjoy!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they replaced my TV last weekend, I got the 65u insttead of the 64u, not sure of the difference the 65u has a power saver mode and the bezel is not curved along the bottom like the 64u was, picture seems not quite as red as the 64u was at factory settings, averall it seems like a nice TV. Gonna start to tweek it alittle, haven't found any settings onhere for the 65u yet, but will start with using some recommended settings for the 64u. Cheers!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts