AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasdaz /forum/post/0

Hi, the D62U series has no vga or dvi connection. Is it possible to connect a htpc up to these tvs and if so, how? Any guidance will be most appreciated, thanks, Yasmine

If your graphics card has DVI connect a DVI/HDMI cable, set your resolution to 1080p, and use dot by dot mode on the Sharp.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcrkr /forum/post/0

If your graphics card has DVI connect a DVI/HDMI cable, set your resolution to 1080p, and use dot by dot mode on the Sharp.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. So there is no need for an actual dedicated dvi or vga connection at the back of the tv, I gather? I don't loose anything, except a hdmi connection
, when connecting via hdmi through a converter cable? Also, just out of curiosity, while on the subject, is there a difference in pq between a vga and dvi connection (if such a connection is at the back of your tv)? And, finally, how do you connect the sound if you are using a dvi to hdmi setup, through a regular rca audio left/right inputs at the back of the set? I apolgise for any 'obvious' questions, I am trying to learn and greatly appreciate any and all help, much obliged, thanks, Yasmine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.