AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on this debate running through my head.

Here is going to be my set up.

Going to be projecting on a misty grey by glidden paint wall 13-14 feet way.

wanting about a 100" diag size (give or take)

Using mainly for DVD, TV, X-box use.

The room has little to no ambient light with only one window in the room attached to this room(hard to explain but just consider it having barly any light in the room.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
to finish up my thread. I know the sharp has a higher contrast ratio with 1200:1 as compared to 400:1, but the view sonic has a higher resolution (1024*768) as compared to an 800*600 resolution of the sharp.

also, the viewsonic is lcd while the sharp is dlp...

decisions decisions.

The view sonic also has a higher brightness by about 900 lumns.

anyway, my point is this.... HELP

If you can let me know if the higher resolution is worth the drop in contrast for the uses and setup i haveI woudl greatly appreciate it. I was pretty much sold on teh sharp until I saw this, now I can't decide.

Thanks

joe

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I have not seen these, but what about a Panasonic LC76u? XGA, very bright, and can be had around $1700 (not sure what the Viewsonic goes for right now).

My preference would be for an XGA over a SVGA, but that is with a thought to HDTV. For standard def TV and DVDs 800x600 is fine.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
The sharp Dt-200 is a short throw projector. Do you know how far away you would be mounting the projector from the screen. If it would be 13/14 ft you would need to look at the Sharp Z90U which is the same as the Dt200 just a long throw vs short throw......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have looked at other models, but these two are the only two that my local retailer that offers same as cash financing have that I like. If you know of any online or other retailers that are carrying the projectors you think might fit the bill please let me know.

thanks

joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.