AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, can all the Sharp DT-510 owners please post their settings? I just put my setup together and I have search pretty much all the threads and have only come up with one or two that were posted by other members.

thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
I attempted to Calibrate mine last night using the DVE disc(which is for component hook up technically), I think I may need to get the HD disc.

anyway, I can't tell if I'm doing it right. I have it hooked up via HDMI coming from PS3, to Onkyo 606 receiver.

the Blue Level seemed to be dead on out of the box, I made a slight adjustment, same with Red. Green was off, if I'm looking at it right and I didn't mess with it because it throws other things off.

Constrast and Brightness I moved slightly, forget which but it was -3 for one and +3 for the other.

Sharpness settign is useless, turn it all the way down.

but keep in mind, I'm not sure I used the DVE correctly and if I need the Blu-Ray version of DVE to properly do it? Any help out there?

·
Registered
673 Posts
but yeah, if anyone has their settings please post.

I'm also throwing 11ft to a 100" screen I built with a high quality blackout cloth. To the layman it looks great out of the box, but I'm sure these setting need to be tweaked some.

I think using HDMI gets it close to right by itself.

·
Registered
120 Posts
These are the settings I came up with.

I have a relatively small room, so my screen is only 92". It's gray in colour. Room is dark (den in basement with one small covered window), with mid gray walls and gray carpet.

Before using DVE I set the unit at Movie 2, Iris on high contrast with lamp on Eco Quiet. Lamp temp at 6500k.

Those are the initial settings I liked in my room with my gray screen, yours will probably be different.

Brightness setting is -1,

Contrast is 10

Colour is -6

Tint is 0

The contrast is the one thing that I couldn't set using the DVE Disk. I did it by eye and looks good to me.

Hope that was helpful.

Larry

·
Registered
673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hoffman /forum/post/15504635

These are the settings I came up with.

I have a relatively small room, so my screen is only 92". It's gray in colour. Room is dark (den in basement with one small covered window), with mid gray walls and gray carpet.

Before using DVE I set the unit at Movie 2, Iris on high contrast with lamp on Eco Quiet. Lamp temp at 6500k.

Those are the initial settings I liked in my room with my gray screen, yours will probably be different.

Brightness setting is -1,

Contrast is 10

Colour is -6

Tint is 0

The contrast is the one thing that I couldn't set using the DVE Disk. I did it by eye and looks good to me.

Hope that was helpful.

Larry

so you didn't set individual colors and just set the RGB color setting thing?

·
Registered
120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpniner /forum/post/15538471

so you didn't set individual colors and just set the RGB color setting thing?

Correct. at -6 the colour matches looked very good.

Also, I changed the brightness to 0 yesterday. At -1 there was almost no detail in the blacks. 0 was better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.