AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sharp 705e has got a film mode in the advanced section of the menu, I can set it on off, standard, advanced (low), advanced (high)

I have no idea what film mode does and don't know on which setting it should be.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
There should be a description in the user manual. I'm guessing the settings deal with 3:2 pull down and possibly 120Hz processing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 /forum/post/18288404

There should be a description in the user manual. I'm guessing the settings deal with 3:2 pull down and possibly 120Hz processing.

This tv is 100 hz (Europe)

The manual is kind of vague about this, doesn't really explain it. 'Detects filmed material in 24/25 fps (depending on vertical frequency), analyzes it, so that image quality with high definition is obtained'

Yeah that's my best translation

·
Registered
5,858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpj /forum/post/18298840

This tv is 100 hz (Europe)

The manual is kind of vague about this, doesn't really explain it. 'Detects filmed material in 24/25 fps (depending on vertical frequency), analyzes it, so that image quality with high definition is obtained'

Yeah that's my best translation

Is that the explanation for one of the options or the entire section?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 /forum/post/18302156

Is that the explanation for one of the options or the entire section?

The whole section. That's what confuses me. I don't know if it should be on advanced high, advanced low, standard or off.

I believe you can check out the manual somewhere on the sharp website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts