AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im a newbie here looking to buy my first lcd tv. I have narrowed my choices between the 26 inch Sharp LC-26GA4U and the 30 inch Sharp LC-30HV4U. Which one do you guys prefer.

I know the 30 inch is an older model but it is larger and comes with the separate receiver for all video/audio connections.

The 26 inch has a much better contrast ratio (800:1) but does not include picture in picture.

Right now I would probably choose the 30 inch one but can you please help me out. If any of you guys have the 30 inch lcd tv, can u please let me know how long the cord is for the avs system. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
433 Posts
FYI - I went with the 26" due to newer model with better specs. Main concern was contrast which was improved on the newer models. Also beware the 30" has a 15:9 panel which I think Sharp has a function to zoom the picture so you lose a little on the sides but fill the entire screen..

Anyways I orginally had a Syntax 30" that I returned (issues: 15:9 AR/no zoom, lower contrast, buzzing power supply). I was concerned about decreasing the size but the Sharp LC-26GA4U produces such a awsome picture and well worth the tradeoff IMO..

·
Registered
684 Posts
The 26 does not have PIP, but it does have "two pictures side-by-side".

I just got the 26 yesterday, and it is very nice!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information. My friend told me about the Sharp LC-32G4U whic is the newer 32 inch version that includes the AVC unit that the older 30 inch model has. I think I will go with that one eventhough it costs more. Guess I am just paying the extra money for the size. Can any owners of the Sharp LC-32G4U tell me how they like it. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.