Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing one of these units to use with our Geographic Information Systems computers and maybe some CAD software. Curious if anyone has purchased these lcd's for this type of use or if you're currently using it as a PC monitor. Were there any issues? How far from the screen do you have to sit? Does the DVI port only work with certain cards?

ANY feedback greatly appreciated....

And - are there any other 37" lcd's I should be comparing (need to stay under $2500) - particularly looking for higher resolution up to 1920 x 1080 if they exist.

Thanks!

lowella

·
Registered
61 Posts
LCDs are not very good for CAD use. The native resolutions that most LCD screens run aren't high enough for CAD use. Best to go with a good, big CRT monitor that gets you at least 1600x1200 for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh, was afraid I'd hear that but the CRT's hurt my eyes after long hours and give off a ton of heat in my small office.........

Any other thoughts? :)

What is the highest resolution one can get with a 37" LCD?

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I'd go with a smaller LCD. You can get a high quality LCD monitor 1600X1200 in 4:3 for under $1000. These 37"s are designed for TV viewing first and foremost.

·
Super Moderator
21,527 Posts
we use Autocad 14/ Inventor and the monitor of choice is the Dell 2405FPW run at 1920x1200:

each workstation uses 2 of these monitors: these replaced Samsung 240T's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.