Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Are there any plans to update the LC-45 anytime soon (perhaps when the new sharp models come out later this month?)?

Love this lcd, but in australia it has no hdmi inputs and this is a huge negative for us as we have a yamaha 4600 amp with hdmi output which we would like to utilise.

Like the new sony's but the 46" is 5 months away. Other option would be the sony 40" - release date Oct '05 but this seems a little small for us.

Pricing between the sony and sharp will be interesting come Jan

Cheers,

Julie

·
Registered
134 Posts
From what I understand, there are two new 45" Sharp Aquos models coming out sometime soon. Here is a quote from Mike53 (our friendly neighborhood Sharp rep) about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike53
Actually in the 45" you gain a few features. What you said holds true for the D4/D6 but not the LC45GD5U and LC45GD7U. They gain TV guide OSD, color is gloss black on the GD5, the speakers are removable on both models, they retain DVI, HDMI, etc. And....the price goes down a $1000.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
please tell me more.

our sharp rep in australia tells me that there are no plans to upgrade the LC45 till March '06. I think this is crazy given the hype of the upcoming sony and samsung lcds.

sadly, the LC45 in australia do not come with hdmi but rather 3 useless scart connectors from a media box.

cheers,

julie

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Julie,

Info I have about the new 45" Sharps coming out is gathered from the thread "Why do Sharp LCD's cost a lot more then their competitors ?". Take a look at that thread. There is a brochure in there for the new D4 line that you might find useful.

Basically from what I understand, the new 45" models will:

- have no seperate AVC system

- be availabe in glossy black

- have TV Guide OSD

- be cheaper!!

The lack of hdmi in the Aussie model is quite the bummer! Wonder why that they would do that(?)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Alpina,

I've never heard of a 45" Sharp without any HDMI input. If the Australian model is so different from anything we've seen here, I'd suspect that any "new model" information that we might have up here could be similarly inaccurate.

Phoenix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.