AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sharp LC-46D62U is available online for a lot cheaper than other big-name 46-inch 1080p TVs. So I'm thinking of buying one. All the reviews from when it came out (late 2006) reference a banding problem. Some units had the problem, some didn't, Sharp was working on the problem and would replace units that had the problem. I can find very little information from the last six months or so, though. Is the problem solved, or at least not as bad anymore? If it's only detectable on a test pattern or blank screen, I don't think I mind. If I buy a new LC-46D62U now, what are my chances of having a bad banding problem? And does the manufacturer's warranty cover it if I do?

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I don't think Sharp has solved it. In fact, the newer model, D64U, still runs into the same banding as the older version, D62U, but not as much. So, buy the D62U as your own risk and just hope you can exchange it for a band free set.

Just so you know, Sharp AQUOS 46D64U was dirt cheap on Black Friday from Circuit City and/or Sears.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't see any banding on my 32d62u, but it was manufactured in November 2007 so maybe the newer ones don't have banding problems like the older versions. If there's banding on my set, I sure ain't seeing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts