AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this sharp lc52d64u is having power issues. Basically when you hit the power button on the tv you hear a relay click on the power supply board and then the power light blinks once, then the power light and the opc light blink together and this process is a never ending story. There is never a pic, backlight or any life other then the clicking relay which clicks about a second or 2 after you try and turn the tv on. Based off of the light blinking troubleshooting I replaced the main board and powesupply and have the same results. I am either missing something here or I actually managed to get a bad part? Is there a way to acutally test the board themself? Im at a loss for what the problem could be now. When you hit the power button dc volts appear to be correct for a second or two before the relay clicks it off. Even the it has voltage, I never seen the backlight try to turn on? Any help would be great!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It could be a firmware issue. You may want to try updating the firmware, you can download it here

OOPs, cant post URL's yet!

Go to sharpusa.com, support, downloads, and fill in the drop downs for your product. You will probably have to install these on a thumb drive and plug it into your tv to install the updates. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.