AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New to this board so cut me some slack if I am posting in wrong area, or if this has been asked before, but I am a bit confused about why there is such a minor price discrepancy between these two models?

I saw them both at COSTCO and the 657U is $1199 and list the features as follows:

3D

Smart TV

WiFi

Dual C Processor

AquaMotion 240

Active 3D (2 Glasses Included)

The 6500 is $1149.99 and list the features as follows:

WiFi

Smart TV

Dual Core Processor

Web Browsing

120 Refresh Rate

So is there a reason for the minor price difference and is there a reason not to pay $50 more for the 657U? I have to be candid in that the 6500 picture stands out with me but i don't remember how much time I really spent looking at the 657U.

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sharp LC-60LE657U is $1149. This is 240Hz LCD picture. Much better performance at high speed motion. But I have not compare this with two same type 120Hz & 240Hz monitors side by side. If anyone done that, please tell us the difference?

Costco Sharp LC-60C6500U is same as Sharp LC-60LE650, at $1099. This is typical 120Hz.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Please tell me more about what picture problem you encountered?

I assume the 650 you returned is 120Hz?

that is obviously night and day compare to 240Hz picture, I assume.

thank you

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought this set. I REALLY like the picture.

The audio is a little thin but it goes through my Yamaha receiver anyway!

Are there better TV? Easily there are I saw them right in the store!!

I joined Costco so I could get this set fro $1149, get $75 back on the AMex card and get 3% cash back.

I have a huge living room but only so many $$$$. I needed to fill a large area and to be honest while the 70"

model is a great buy also, money ends up ruling the day. If you can live without some of the high end features

I think it is an outstanding value! PLUS you really can not beat Costco customer service! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts