AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm trying to decide between Sharp LC-60LE832U and the Sharp LC-60LE633U models.

The 832U is $300 more.

Can anyone give me any advice? I'd like to buy the 633u model if there really isn't that much difference.

I was told the 832U has much better yellows.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
what they are talking about with the yellow is the quattron panel, it adds a yellow sub pixel in addition to the RGB pixels, IMO it adds nothing and most calibrators turn off the yellow pixel anyway, i hope they will stop using this in the future..

·
Registered
673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace /forum/post/21562655

So, I'm trying to decide between Sharp LC-60LE832U and the Sharp LC-60LE633U models.

The 832U is $300 more.

Can anyone give me any advice? I'd like to buy the 633u model if there really isn't that much difference.

I was told the 832U has much better yellows.

The 832u from what I can see has the quattron panel, a nice stand that allows you to swivel the tv side to side, and according to the spec sheet a higher contrast ratio. Now most reviews of Sharp quattron so far say they don't notice any marked improvement from the yellow pixel compared to the competition. So really if you go to the store and both look good and you don't want the swivel stand go for the 633u and pocket the difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts