AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm uncrating this set now and don't see a owners thread for the LC-60LE920UN or the LC-52LE920UN owners so I thought I would start one. My initial impression - its big, really big. The driver said it was the biggest LCD TV he's ever delivered. Well, I'm bringing it upstairs to its new home and will try and post some pics later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my LC 60LE920UN for about 3 weeks now and I just love it. The picture is beautiful and the set up was fairly easy. Highly recommend this set to anyone looking for a 60 inch. Has anyone used the internet feature on this unit? I was successful getting connected but my only issue is when I go to NETFLIX it only reads whats in your cue for instant viewing. A regular NETFLIX search cannot be done as far as I can tell. Also after a short period of time while watching a movie on NETFLIX my tv wants to shut-off due to no signal. Does anyone have a fix for this? Also I must use my TV speakers to listen to a NETFLIX movie. Any ideas to correct this issue?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been in the market for a few months now and have been looking at all types and kinds of TV. I already have a Sharp LC32LE700UN which I purchased a while back - an exceptional TV in its own right. I have a thing for Sharps and after a lot of research I decided to keep an eye on the new 920 and 925 Quattrons. I didn't really care for the 3D capability the 925 offered, so the other day I walk into Ultimate Electronics and boom they have the 60-inch 920 for $1799, no interest for the 36 months - needless to say I purchased it on the spot.

This set is beautiful, I love the glass front, more reflective than I would prefer, though at night it looks exceptional and this is when I watch most of my programing. I used the second set of calibration settings posted in this thread - exceptional for night time viewing. I downloaded the firmware update - recommend everyone do this.

Not overly happy with the way this TV works with AT&T Uverse VIP1225 HD/DVR, simply put the HDMI does not work they way it should for whatever reason, there are workarounds, though this is unsatisfactory, I have the same problem with my 32-inch Sharp. I don't know why AT&T and Sharp have not resolved this issue by now. Sharp is severely behind when it comes to their Netflix integration compared to Samsung, worlds apart - literally. I'm hoping they can add some features in the near future - Samsung and Vizio have done a tremendous job of integrating a good interface with their units, Sharp has a lot of catching up to do IMO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
phil stat: i had a problem getting TV to work thru my Shaw Cable box with the 920. This TV has a special feature not found on the 810 that is called Aquos Link. Make sure you turn that OFF. Everything will work great once that is turned off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.