AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm first time posting here and have a question!

I'm trying to choose a new flatscreen TV right now. I narrowed it down to (probably) these two models (LC52LE830U vs LG 55LW5600 or 55LW5700). I've seen some info here on forum regarding both models (yes, I tried searching!
) but not the direct comparison. So, I'd appreciate any input regarding these particular models. I've seen them both at Best Buy but it's really hard to compare TV's there unless its something good vs bad.

There is also 55LW5700 but it seems that only Costco sells it and I'm not sure how different it is from 55LW5600. I've read that 55LW5600 has some special remote that's optional with 55LW5700.

I don't care much about 3D but want the best 2D and probably a decent sound. Although sound is not #1 criteria and I know that it's OK at best in all the flat panel. I do have Panasonic TC-P50GT30 and sound quality is not that bad while in my Sharp LC60E79U it's pretty bad. I just recently purchased LC60E79U and now thinking about returning it and getting Sharp 52" or LG 55". The picture quality is good but it's just too big for my room.

So, I'll appreciate any advice here! Also is it worth spending another $300 for LC52LE835U if mostly I'll be watching 2D and I'm not a gamer? Not sure how important is 240Hz vs 120Hz.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many people seem to assume the 55LW5700 is the same TV as the 55LW5600 but without the Magic Motion remote. I mean, wouldn't it be logical that the 5700 is as good or better than the 5600? This is not the case. If you go to lg.com and compare the two sets, you see that the 55LW5600 has local dimming, and the 55LW5700 does not. The 5600 gets rave reviews. I'm not sure the 5700 would get reviewed as highly. I think this is unscrupulous marketing on LG's part: Offer one set that gets great reviews, then a higher number set with cheaper specs.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnma /forum/post/21413165

I think this is unscrupulous marketing on LG's part: Offer one set that gets great reviews, then a higher number set with cheaper specs.

Seems LG has learned thing or 2 from samsung - how to mislead the consumers.

Boky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts