AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchase a LC70LE734U, Sharp 70" I got it from a online store that made me believe I was purchasing a new model Which they say has a special card installed (DCDI by faroudja) They told me that this model was upgrade from 240hz to 480hz.

When I recieved the TV last week, I noticed there is nothing in the maual about this dcdi by faroudja option, or any instructions on how to use it.

I contacted Sharp, they really did not know anything about this option, and did not support. They told me my TV may have been modified by the online store and this option added. But there is nothing on the TV (model #) or anything in the software on the TV to indicate that this is any different than the standard LC70LE734U model.

Just wondering if this is a real upgrade and how can i till if I reallly got what I paid the extra $600 for.

Any help would be appricated.

Thanks

Billy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Working on a refund/Claim with my CC company & and the online store. Everyone Please be aware of this SCAM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help, I bought Sharp LC70LE734U 02, live in Brazil, my difficulty with this code the codes for remote control of Sharp, the following devices - Panasonic DMR-ES15 DVD Recording - VCR JVC HR-XVC29, and other HR-DVS3U Panasonic VCR now I can not remember the model, already tried several and nothing, I select DVD + display together and apply the code and nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you tell me what came of this?

I'm in the same situation with a LC-60LE633U(DCDI) TV that I just bought. The picture looks fine, but I have no way (besides the rubber stamp on the box, and short of opening up the TV) of verifying whether the Faroudja chip is in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Credit Card Company Contacted seller, then finally after many calls & complaints between CCC, seller and myself I was refunded the difference between the standard model and the model they claimed had faraudja chip installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. I actually opened the back of my TV to verify that there is no DCDi TV in there. When I called Fassie, they (who previously has assured me I would find it there) promptly offered to refund the extra $200 I paid. My advice to others is to simply say you looked and it's not there; those back covers are no fun to remove.

Anyway, someone is simply stamping Sharp TV boxes with "DCDi by Faroudja."

Fassie is looking into the issue now, possibly fault of a third party that supplies them and others who sell the "DCDi" TVs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just received today a 70LE735UDCDI with the supposed DCDI chip in it from Fassie.com. I originally ordered the 70LE735U for $2300 but they called me and said it was only under warranty for 3 mos because it was an older model but they had the new model with a 1 year warranty and a $600 automatic rebate originally for $3400 and I could get it for $2800. I guess I got ripped, I will be calling them on monday along with my CCC to get my $500 back.

The also go by the name http://www.gadgetave.com/

·
Registered
1 Posts
This company is scamming people all the time. I purchased a tv and the first clue should have been when someone called to "confirm" the order. Nobody ever calls to confirm online purchases! Then the offer of a newer model etc . Which a lot of people fall for, including me. I was suspicious when I did not get an updated order form with the newer model/price, and when it arrived it was the same tv model that I had purchased at $1500. Now I was paying $400 more for the same product. Called Fassie and they said to check that the box had Mcti by Faroudja on it, which it did. I contacted Mtci by Faroudja and they informed me that it was not possible for them to install this sophisticated piece of equipment . When I told Fassie about this, they refunded me right away, saying they would look into the company they hired to install the chip. I don't believe a word they are saying and just relieved that I got my money back. They are stamping the boxes and there are no chips, so you end up paying a lot more for the same product they advertise at a low price to get you interested. Stay away from Fassie, they are crooks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I TRIED TO BUY A SHARP 60 INCH TV FROM GADGETAVE.COM...DAYS LATER THEY SAID THE TV I ORDERED WAS AN OLDER MODEL AND TRIED TO SELL ME A MORE EXPENSIVE MODEL...I CHECKED WITH SHARPUSA AND BOTH MODELS WERE OF THE SAME AGE...I THAN CALLED FASSIE.COM TO ORDER FROM THEM AND IT SOUNDED LIKE THE SAME GUY....I HAVE CANCELED THE ORDER....GOOD LUCK TOMMY7519

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got scammed by these guys they go by gadget ave, power ny, or fassie, they called to tell me my original purchase was not available but had a better deal for 100 more with a mcti card by farouda witch is a lie, I received my 70' tv about 10 days later with a stamp mcti by farouda, only no card or upgrade with a older sharp unit, called to inform them talked with Henry, who also goes by Luis Tom and other names says he has a brother that sounds like him BS,

After some conversation told me it was shipping warehouse's fault and I'll give you a deal on your TV same price he sells it for on his sight some 500 dollars cheaper and says I'll take care of you, but don't call your credit card company some four times he said this, or give me bad ratings online, so he told me to call him next day, I called my credit card company and started a dispute for 2399.99 I'm seeking a full refund for my purchase.

I did copy all info he sent me originally and shows all details of a much higher quality TV set, the link doesn't work now glad I made copy first,

Also they don't except discover card because they been kicked out.

This is a bait and switch scam I won't except 500. For something I didn't order if we all call our CCC these jerks will get what they deserve!

Don't ever pay by bank wire transfer no recourse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am so glad I found this forum! I found an amazing deal on fassie with a Samsung tv and the online shopping cart was going to let me purchase it, but I stopped and decided to call them instead just to ask a few questions. Well the guy wasn't very friendly or professional, which didn't give me a good feeling to start with, then he tells me that they do not have that tv in stock and won't know for a couple of weeks if they will get more in. By the way, this tv is a 2010 model, so there shouldn't be too many more brand news ones left. Well after reading everyone's experiences here, I now know that if I had placed that order, I would have received a phone call next trying to upsell me and charge me more. Sometimes we have to trust our instinct and mine was telling me not to go through with that purchase until I could find out more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
With my TV from gadgetave.com, I was able to switch the Aquomotion 240Hz refresh rate to 480Hz using the on-screen menus. Has anyone else been able to switch the refresh rate to 480 without having the Faroudja chip? Mine was also an upsell on the model I ordered originally.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts