Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question:

I have an old SharpVision XVS-55U that I've been using solely for video games. I was wondering if their are any "tweaks" that I can do to minimize the pixelation. I know that de-focusing can help but with some games text are important. And I have to sit relatively close since it adds to the video game experience.

Suggestions?

Andy

·
Registered
657 Posts
Unfortunately, with that particular projector, pixels are just going to be visible unless you defocus it - which causes a different set of problems. There used to be a lens attachment advertised that was supposed to eliminate that problem but I don't remember who made it and I've not heard anything about it in the last few years.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hi Andy. Cygnus imaging makes an image processor for reducing the visibility of the pixels. I have owned two different models with different LCD projectors and have been quite satisfied. Do a search here on the forum and you'll find other satisfied members.

Every once in a while there is someone selling one in the classified section. Just make sure to visit the Cygnus website and look at their model chart to make sure it fits your lens size. http://www.cgns.com/

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mattman and Steve. I'll give them a try.

Mattman and Steve, sounds like a generic superhero duo.

Thanks again.

Andy

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Andy,

Just to confirm that. I owned the 55U once and used (still use) the Cygnus lens on it. I don't think I could have lived without it. I still use it on my new Sharp, though it's a bit large for the smaller lens. I probably will eventually upgrade it if I think it's needed after I see what the Panamorph does. Otherwise, I may sell it.

Carey

------------------

My forever in-progress Home Theatre

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.