AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purcased a sharp lc 32d42u. it is ,as you all know a 720p set. i only see threads commenting on the larger 1080p sets. well i'm a peon, but still deserving of Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! please let me in on any info that might help me out. ie:; calibration, settings etc. I recently sat down at a retailer and did see a better picture from the sony bravia engine in the same size , but at a price premium of about 400.00 bucks. The picture quality of the sony product did not warrant the price differential. I feel i could tweak my set to narrow the gap. help me out!

thanks sp

·
Banned
783 Posts
Pick up one of the "calibration" discs and tweak your heart out.

Seriously, even if you found someone with the same Sharp, same DVD player, same cable or satellite provider, etc. the chances that his settings would be perfect for you are not that good. I learned this the hard way; I copied settings I found on the net, thought they looked good, then saw the same model optimized for the various sources and realized how silly I had been.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.