Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's my first time posting here so please bear with my ignorance :confused:

i'm not much of a video connoisseur, but due to anal retentiveness when it comes to my audio set up I’ve decided to get rid of my tv, which is a decent $700 32†Toshiba…. This is my reference point when it comes to home movie watching and I’ve never watched any movies on any projectors outside of movie theatres… so obviously I need help

I think that I can get a shap xg-e800u for $500 or a sharp xg-h400u for around $700 USED.

1. are these good deals? if yes which one would you recommend?

2. is it ever wise to buy a used projector? Both swear that the lamps are barely used… but obviously there is no way of knowing.

3. I know that the screen size greatly affects movie viewing experience, but such low end projectors measure up to my tv in image clarity?

4. if you recommend not going with a used projector then could you please direct me to lowest priced units and dealers where I could purchase a projector that fits my needs? (as I noted above, I’m not much of a connoisseur, I just want something cheap and reliable that can match my mid priced tv set in clarity)

THANK YOU!!!

:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, and i forgot to ask if any of you know if the two sharp units listed above are comatible with both NTSC and PAL?

thank you!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The prices you have seem high for old technology. You can get a brand new DLP 800x600 dell for $999. The 400u has 480x234 Pixels, ouch thats a low pixel count. You can do better with the money/budget that you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.