AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In searching this forum, I can find only one or two references to this projector. Has anyone had any experience with this projector in (HD) home theater applications? At ProjectorPeople.com it is shown as the #1 best seller in business projectors. Seems like a decent price for the brightness and it's XGA unlike most in the price range being VGA. Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Do a search on MN or Minnesota Shootout. Scored fairly highly there. Also try M20X without the word Sharp. From what I can tell, this was a fairly popular PJ for HT, but sort of got superceded by the NEC LT240K (see its review on PJ Central-the M20X is mentioned. Since they are down around $1600, its a pretty good deal. Note that the DVI port IS NOT HDCP compliant. Not a big deal at that price point.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I gotta start paying more attention. My typing is deteriorating. M20X os correct!

EDIT: OOOPS I thought I had typed something wrong. No, A20X and M20X are not the same.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
A20x is an lcd xga projector

m20x is a dlp xga projector

both by sharp

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
My 2 cents ... I've seen the A20X projecting from a video source. Even with a component breakout cable coming from the DVD player ... it still struggled.

IMO, it is nice and bright for presentations with ambient lighting in the conference room ... but that is it's downfall for HT. The blacks get washed out and contrast was weak.

·
Registered
935 Posts
If you meant the A20X then look at the A10X, its cheaper, same res, better contrast, and not ridiculously bright (my A10X in economy is bright enough to be viewed with the lights and window open, the A20X is twice as bright, thats ridicoulous for HT), but if you want to pay the price of the A20X ($2k) you can get a much better PJ, but for $1k the A10X is one of the best PJs, and the best if using it from an HTPC/progressive DVD player, unless you need the blackest backs (they are MUCH blacker than I expected them to be before I got mine, I thought they would be gray, but theyre very very dark gray).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.