Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently have been looking at the Sharp PG-M25X, which can be had for around 1600$ these days. I believe this is the same projector as the M20X, but with wireless capabilities.

Since its a later model, I believe the reliability issues of the m20x will not be present in this pj. I was wondering if the 802.11b card supplied with the PJ would be sufficient for DVD streaming? Has anyone upgraded to a 108Mbps card on this pj?

The absence of a fat ugly video cable really is a plus, and Darinp seemed to have gotten a nice image with his M20x in the end.

I really want Xga, but I don't really want to pay the premium...:D

·
Registered
409 Posts
I don't believe the bandwidth is sufficient for full motion video. The intent of the wi-fi is remote control and possibly slide show presentation in conference rooms.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that figures.

Still, i remember a wireless version of the Sharp Z90 not too long ago, which was wireless.

And that model was sold as a Home theater projector. I do not see why it would be impossible.

Iwas streaming DVD with a 10 mbps lan card, and it worked fine. In fact, it is said that DVD streaming needs only 6-9 mbps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.