AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a small glitch with my Sharp PGM20X projector. It seems like sometimes the graphics/DLP system does not come up when starting the projector.

This is different from the bulb and power supply issues as far as I know...I got the projector late last year and it has a "3" series serial number. The bulb lights every time, but occasionally there's no video at all, like it gets stuck in "AV mute" mode or something. Pressing the buttons doesn't seem to do anything, including trying to cycle the "AV Mute" function.

The only way I've found to fix this is to shut it off and wait for the fan to cycle off, then unplug it and wait a minute or so, plug it back in, and then it will start normally with video.

Anyone else heard of this sort of problem going on with this projector?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had the similar problem (not very often), the led is green, the fan is running, but no light shooting out from the lense. All I need to do is power down, and fire it up again (the fan is still running). It's not that serious yet so I didn't call Sharp for troubleshoot or anything. I hate to take it down from the mount and send it out.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds just like it. Fans are running, bulb is lit, green lights on the top, but no video.

I wish I knew of some "reboot" code or something I could use without having to power-cycle the projector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.