AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
It looks like a pro model vs. a consumer model.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
One thing that caught my attention on this one is the following quote from the site: "A Black TFT/Bright Pixel Elimination feature ensures that if a failed pixel occurs, it is effectively invisible to the viewer."

Does this mean that a stuck on pixel can be turned off ? This would be a very important advance, avoid returns and eliminate the anxiety of worrying about stuck pixels for the costly large panels. Will we see this in consumer models ? I could imagine it being a menu feature where we look at the panel, input the row and column of the pixel, select "turn off" and then looking at the panel just keep changing the row, column until we black out the correct pixel.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
You are seeing it in consumer models now. It's been there for a year and a half. ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike53,

Is there any reason to buy the PN-455 over the LC45GX6u? Any enhancements? Or is this just a commercial display with less features?

Thanks!

·
Registered
363 Posts
This model has a "digital RGB" connector, not DVI or HMDI.

I've never heard of this kind of connector. It looks like a DVI.

The manual says, "connection with computer that have output terminal (DVI-D 24 pin or DVI-I 29 pin) conforming to DVI is possible. (However, images may not display properly depending on the computer)."

Can anyone explain this for me?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
A digital RGB connector is a DVI connector.

·
Registered
363 Posts
OK.

Thanks Rogo.

I flipped all the way through the manual, and toward the end it included the specs and indeed it listed the connector as a DVI (24 pin). Now, why in hell did they say "digital RGB" earlier in the manual?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The advantage over the 45" sharp LCD TV:s is that this one can accept almost any resolution directly via the DVI connector which is great for a HTPC IMHO.

AFAIK the "TV" models could only recognize a full/native resolution signal.

Other signals had to be connected via the AVS box, but this box could for some reason not accept a full resolution signal :confused: so people had to keep switching cables.

Not very convenient...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Apparently, you need to sync up the 45GX with the avc every time you turn it on. I doubt if this is necessary with the PN-455 since it doesn't come with an avc.

The PN-455 has 2 fans that the specs says run at 31 db. How loud is that? I wonder if the fans run all the time or just when it gets hot.

·
Registered
765 Posts
AFAIK the "TV" models could only recognize a full/native resolution signal.

____________________________________________________________ _____

The panel will also accept [email protected] and with the right video card it will also show the windows boot screens.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk31
The PN-455 has 2 fans that the specs says run at 31 db. How loud is that? I wonder if the fans run all the time or just when it gets hot.
I did not find any noise level spec for the "TV" models

but the power consumptions are roughly the same so

it is unlikely that this model has more noise.

Is the Aquos 45" noisy?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.