AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 9 year old plasma which is a power hog and is also starting to malfunction; so I am looking to replace it. I don't have a lot of money, and here in Mexico TVs are really expensive; so here are my options so far. Can you help me decide which is a better choice (or even suggest something else altogether)?

Vizio E600iB3 $900 60"
Samsung UN55H6400 $933 55"
Sharp LC-60C6600U $1033 60"
Samsung series 6 6153 $1000 60"

I want a big tv! But there's also the UN48H5500 on 'sale' for $600.

I'm so confused! Can you lend me a hand?!
Thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I own a 9 year old plasma which is a power hog and is also starting to malfunction; so I am looking to replace it. I don't have a lot of money, and here in Mexico TVs are really expensive; so here are my options so far. Can you help me decide which is a better choice (or even suggest something else altogether)?

Vizio E600iB3 $900 60"
Samsung UN55H6400 $933 55"
Sharp LC-60C6600U $1033 60"
Samsung series 6 6153 $1000 60"

I want a big tv! But there's also the UN48H5500 on 'sale' for $600.

I'm so confused! Can you lend me a hand?!
Thanks!
Is size really the main feature you are going for? Is 3D important at all? If 3D isn't important and you want the largest set in your home I would go with the Vizio, however it isn't 3D capable. I'm not a huge fan of that particular Sharp model, but I do own a Sharp (80UQ) and like the brand. Based upon my observations it's hard to find a Samsung set that will fall flat from a performance standpoint. They tend to be some of the more sought after sets on AVS. Heck, I recently purchased another one! With that said, the feature to price component with Samsung is always a bit tricky to navigate. You can typically find all the features that you want, but the size will be less compared to other brands similarly spec'ed, but with a larger screen dimension. These are merely my opinions and by no means to be taken as the gospel truth. However, I have owned a myriad of televisions in my day and have owned all the following brands with multiple models in those same brands.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is size really the main feature you are going for? Is 3D important at all? If 3D isn't important and you want the largest set in your home I would go with the Vizio, however it isn't 3D capable. I'm not a huge fan of that particular Sharp model, but I do own a Sharp (80UQ) and like the brand. Based upon my observations it's hard to find a Samsung set that will fall flat from a performance standpoint. They tend to be some of the more sought after sets on AVS. Heck, I recently purchased another one! With that said, the feature to price component with Samsung is always a bit tricky to navigate. You can typically find all the features that you want, but the size will be less compared to other brands similarly spec'ed, but with a larger screen dimension. These are merely my opinions and by no means to be taken as the gospel truth. However, I have owned a myriad of televisions in my day and have owned all the following brands with multiple models in those same brands.
Thanks for your reply! I really don't care about 3D and stuff like that; regarding size, I'd like a bigger tv than I have now (42"), but not at the expense of quality or price.

There's not as much variety of prices and models here as there are in the US, and most of the highly rated TVs I see on this forum are extremely expensive and way out of my league; that's why I chose those models, they're the cheapest I've seen so far.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks for your reply! I really don't care about 3D and stuff like that; regarding size, I'd like a bigger tv than I have now (42"), but not at the expense of quality or price.

There's not as much variety of prices and models here as there are in the US, and most of the highly rated TVs I see on this forum are extremely expensive and way out of my league; that's why I chose those models, they're the cheapest I've seen so far.
After researching the models listed, I would recommend the Vizio. While it has a fairly generic look it has a great feature set and compares favorably to it's competitors in the video processing arena as well. I always say get the largest television you can with a great picture. The knock against the Vizio appears to be the "thin" sound of the television speakers. This unit also has local dimming, which at this price point and size, is a fairly substantial addition. It would be hard to go wrong with any unit in your list, but I like my dollar to stretch to get me most of what I want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.