AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Momitsu v880 DVD player today, and cannot get DVI out from 880 to pj via a DVI cable, no matter what I do...Input 2 is supposed to be the DVI input on the Sharp...anyone have this combination or equipment? I am on hour 4 of monkeying around with this and am about to throw it all out the window!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

:(

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
you mean dt200 right?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i suggest reading the sharp manual and see what dvi inputs it will accept and go from there

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry..it's dt200...manual did not tell me much of anything; of course I don't even know what I am looking for...from what I can tell in the manual, it accepts dvi-i or d

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
still can't get it to work?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's okay now...it was acting like momitsu dvd had its dvi port turned off...I could not get a signal out, but with enough monkeying around, finally got it to work. Did so many thing, not sure which one fixed it! Oh, well

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
It seems the Sharp's are somewhat digitally tuned becuase I gave Dave the RGB numbers and he said they worked well for him. Also he said the SD is less noticable with DVI. I agree.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
davy,

what resolutions will the momitsu output?

will it output 800 x 600p through dvi? would that be better for the dt 200 for a possible 1:1 pixel mapping? I am using the entire 800 x 600 panel on my dt 200 with an anamorphic lens.

James

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jcebedo1:

Yes,momi will do custom dvi...I did have it at 800x600 in there, but did not see any difference, and I was doing it just for the 1:1 you are talking about...I may go play with it some more

:)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
so you don't see any difference with 800 x 600 vs. 1024 x 768? or does it look sharper with 1024 x 768?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
don't see any difference...also, I tried 1:1 pixel mapping, and got a screen of garbage horizontal lines, with 46.9 horizontal and 75 vertical on the custom screen of my momitsu...arggh!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.