AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first of all, as a new member I want to say hello to every body here.

Now my problem:

I've searched the forums and internet but couldn't find a solution for this problem. Some other people also reported similar problems. let me elaborate.

I bought this sharp xr-10x projector for cheap from ebay to use in a 3D setup with a supposedly blown/expired lamp (bulb appears to be intact). Now it arrived today and I turned that on. first, lamp indicator stays green after some seconds it starts flashing green (and the projector sounds like it tries to do something) then it lights green again. then that sound stops. projector does this cycle several times then lamp led (green) and power (red) led start flashing in a manner as if they alternate. eventually both leds go red.

would that be a problem with igniter? or Hopefully lamp needs to be changed?

I thought this: if the previous owner has reset the lamp timer after bulb's life finished, would projector try to ignite the lamp and fail and after sometime give that red light (meaning lamp life has finished)?

Please help me with this since this projector is one of the few projectors suitable for stereo 3D. I am hesitating to buy a new lamp with the fear of projector being broken.

thank you

cheers

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The lamp timer is a "dumb" counter. It has no way of knowing whether the lamp is new or has 10 kazillion hours on it. The user could reset the hours and not replace the lamp, the projector won't know any different. Now, when the counter reaches 2000 hours (on Normal Lamp mode) does that mean the lamp is finished? No, the lamp could go on working until the lamp decides it's time to expire. Or it could decide to pop early. They do that. They can also fail without any visible indication of being bad.

In your case, based on the LEDs and the manual, it sounds like the lamp has failed. I will assume that you didn't get the owner's manual with it. You can d/l here . The information on LED interpretation as well as lamp reset is in there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sheridan

thank you very much for the answer. You made it very clear. thanks for the manual. I actually downloaded and had a look but I found the LED system a little bit confusing. I emailed the guy who sold the projector to me and he says his two friends has same projector and same happened to them as well and they worked perfectly after they changed lamp.

So everything seems OK now, I'll order the lamp.

thanks again

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts