AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually compared the performance of the XV-12000 to the XV-10000 and if so, how significant is the real perceptible difference versus specs.?

With the 12000’s release the 10000 has dropped in price and the difference is anywhere from $2,500 and up. Is it worth it?

My intended room has total light control (basement) if that is a factor.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
IMHO: yes. But I guess everyone has their idea of "how much" of an improvement they should get for $2.5K...

I haven't compared the 2 side-by-side, but I lived with a 10K for 8 months, and getting the 12K was a big step up. Comparing DVDs I had watched many times: much richer, deeper, more vibrant colors; amazing blacks; a dramatic difference for me.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
rider,

are the blacks at the point that the 2.35:1 bars blends into the masking?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jcebedo1
rider,

are the blacks at the point that the 2.35:1 bars blends into the masking?
I have a hi-gain white screen (2.8), and the screen masking is matte black (essentially a zero-reflectivity black body). My theater is light controlled with dark walls/carpeting, but there is still ambient light bouncing around the room when the projector is projecting an image, so no part of the screen is ever as dark as the black masking.

However, if I use the vertical lens shift to shift the image part way up the screen, it's very hard to see the boundary between the blank screen (below the projector) and where the projected image starts (the horizontal 2.35:1 bars).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.