AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ceiling is 10 ft in the basement, the manual says that the inverted projector that the bottom of the lense needs to be parallel with the top of the screen.

That'd look ridiculous to have my 100" Stewart Screen (87x49 or 94x56 with frame) mounted at the top of the ceiling...

The top of the screen really needs to be about 8ft, or 2 feet from the ceiling.

So how ould you mount the projector?

The room is 15ft x 24ft x 10ft, My thought was to have the builder make a 3ftx3ft x1ft box to mount on the celing. This box would be sheetrocked to blend in with the rest of the celing (so it looks like it belongs there as part of it). The purpose of the box would be to: 1) allow the projector to bolt to a secure plywood(covered by sheetrock) platform above it 2) I'd like to put a batter back up in this box in case the power goes out, dont want to blow the bulb, and 3) then the projector could hang below this box a few inches...

I think this would look better than the projector hanging off a 2 foot pole?

Also, the lense on the projector is offset... so the entire box would have to be off center an equal amount to compensate so the lense is in the middle of the screen?

Suggestions?

Source for a ceiling mount? The e-tailer I got the projector from didnt carry ceiling mounts.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WTF?

I jut called Sharp and they told me they do NOT have a ceiling mount for the 2000... that I'd have to buy a universal mount. WTF?

Seems kinda irresponsible of them to come out with a cool toy and not have the appropriate installation equipment?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I purchased one from Chief for my 2000. I don't know why sharp told you that unless they are say that they personaly don't make one.

I will get the model number of the mount for you when I get home.

·
Registered
159 Posts
We use the RPA-095 all the time and its just fine (its the bracket I will soon be ordering for my Sharp.). Chief makes various length extenders (such as 6") as well as some variable extenders (adjustable 6" to 9" for example).

*edited for horrible spelling*

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys... Jason Turk hooked me up with a great deal on the Stewart Firehawk Screen AND the ceiling mount for the Sharp :)

You guys are the best!

M.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.