AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this problem once before, but eventually got it to work. Now I can't.

The problem is that the normal lamp reset procedure on my Sharp XV-Z20000 isn't resetting the lamp timer. You have to press 4 buttons on the projector's button panel at the same time to get the lamp to reset to 0 hours. It just won't work.

Anyone else have that problem? Any solutions? I hate to take it in for service for something like that, but it's going to start giving me the lamp warning in a few hundred hours and probably will shut down at a certain point.

·
Registered
16,915 Posts
You can get into the service menu and do a FULL reset but that's obviously not something you'll want to try unless you have no other options as you lose all settings. I had to recalibrate my 12K mkII color wheel index so I have the service manual and would be happy to send it to you if you think it will help.

If ENTER + DOWN + RIGHT + ON does not seem to be working for you then maybe you'll want to contact Sharp.

Best of Luck,

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.