AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talk to a Sharp representative and he told me the Sharp 9000 may/will not be distributed in many European countries, if not all. Reason invoqued: the projector doesn't work well enough in PAL and the delay while deinterlacing before displaying might be too long, inserting a noticeable mis-sync with sound. The problem could take too much time to be solved.

Some European reviewers/magazines announced it already so I'm a confused.

Any one has more news on this?

Carlos

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi Carlos,

I don't believe that info. As far as I know Sharp is working hard on the PAL issue. A member of the German HT-forum ****************** is in contact with the representatives of Sharp Germany and also Japan.

Walter

------------------

Graz, home town of the Terminator...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't believe it also myself, but we haven't see it yet on shops and it seems there is no official launch date yet. Yes, they work hard on the PAL issue, but they aren't sure to solve it quick enough. Marketing guys hate waiting...

That's why I'm asking. Any other source has more info?

Thanks,

Carlos

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hi,

The local distributor over here (Tel-Aviv) claims that he will have one in stock at the beginning of next week. I did not waste any time on questions regarding Pal problems, because he wouldn't have a clue. I will keep you guys informed.

Ran

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.