AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Sharp XV-Z9000, but the Japaneese version. It is only 1 year and 4 months old. I have used it less than 60 hours, and now I have a problem with it. No picture, took it in for service, and they think it is the ballast, about a $300 part. Of course, it is out of warranty, which may not have been honored in this country anyway. Has anyone else experienced a problem with this projector? Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase an extended warranty on it? The dealer I purchased from is apparently out of business.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I could be wrong but you can usually only buy an extended warranty while a component's factory warranty is still in force. I think that you will have to bite the bullet on the repair.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The power supply on my Z9000 went out at about 50 hours. I paid to have it fixed here in the U.S. rather than ship it back to Japan for service. I have had no problems since then. The fix was about $500 with parts to replace the power supply with a new one. I paid a Sharp service center to do it for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, I am paying for the repair once he gets the part. I hope he is getting the right one, since he ordereed the ballast, and not the power supply. I guess if the ballast doesn't fix it, I'll get him to order the power supply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.