Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Preliminary manual. Not the final version-

I have uploaded the Sharp XV-Z9000U US Instruction booklet onto my server for you Sharp and non Sharp lovers to download so you can pick it apart and see if any deficiencies exist and generally get to know how it works. Hopefully there won't be any problem areas. BTW please keep in mind that this is a preliminary version as the lamp life is mentioned at only being 1500 hours when it is confirmed at 2000 hours. However will that lamp warning stay on the screen? You will know what I mean when you download the PDF. Enjoy all and I can't wait to see the Sharp in person.

Sharp 9000 Instructions

Spero D.

[This message has been edited by Spizz (edited 10-05-2001).]

·
Registered
659 Posts
Spero,

Like the Sharp XV99 projector I have used for the last couple of years if the lamp timer shuts down the projector, just install a new bulb and reset the lamp timer back to 0 hrs. Most new Sharp projecters have the same procedure to reset the timer.

Rick

------------------

The Home Theater

·
Registered
498 Posts
The manual indicates a contrast ratio of 800:1

What ever happened to the 1100:1 it is supposed to have?

Further more, from reading the manual I couldn't understand if selecting theatre mode increases lamp life.

Ran

·
Registered
855 Posts
I wouldn't get really worked up about what the manual has or doesn't have, after all, it claims the DMD uses "Translucent TN liquid crystal panel" and "TFT (Thin Film Transistor) Active Matrix panel". http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Huck

·
Registered
491 Posts
Jeff,

I also saw that 1024x768 thing. Probably a typo.

I wonder why DVI is listed in the Glossary when it is not mentioned anywhere else in the manual. Was it meant to have a DVI input at first, will the not yet released European model have it (w/o HDCP then), or will an upgrade be offered. Makes you wonder...

Spero, any chance that you could upload the manual for the SharpVision Manager (TINS-7418CEZZ) as well?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just confirming this is indeed a Preliminary manual after speaking to the product manager where he confirmed that the lamp will switch off at 2000 hours and at 1900 hours you get a warning message.

Also asked about the HD-2 chip and he said it isn't even shipping yet. Therefore I think it is unlikely that Marantz could have it in there new projector before years end.

Spero D.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yesterday I saw a Z9000 set up at my local dealer. It is very impressive! The HD source looked crystal clear on it. I don't know about the 1100:1 contrast, but quite frankly, I didn't find it lacking. Black levels were quite impressive-but then again, I have a W400. I really didn't notice any rainbow effect but I did note that the whites looked a wee bit hot. But, it isn't mine so tweaking wasn't possible. All in all, a great-looking product. Definitely a must-see. Now if I could just get the dealer down a bit on the price...

Bob

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bob glad to see you liked it. As a fellow W400 owner I have the Sharp in the No.1 position to replace it.

Spero D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.