AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of a Sharp XV-Z9000U projector manufactured in november 2001. I'll quote Patrick J. Megenity from the february 2002 edition of Stereophile Guide to Home theater to better expose my problem:

« The XV-Z9000U segregates inputs based on signal type. If you feed its VGA input 1080i from the Hipix HTPC DTV tuner card or a DTC-100 set-top-box, it performs rescaling that cannot be adjusted. But the real problem is this early sample was that the VGA input could accept only «standard» 4:3 computer resolutions like 800X600, etc... The one resolution you'd expect to see available-1080X720- was not one of the XV-9000U's pre-set computer resolutions...»

Anybody heard of an hardware upgrade to fix this problem with my first generation 9000?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have you tried adding a custom resolution of 1280x720? This is how I got mine to work.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Anthony -

Can you explain this more? I believe I'm sending a 1280x720 resolution image to the Sharp, but it wants to scale it to 800x600 (and 2 other 4:3 resolutions). Any details of how to do this would be greatly appreciated. I've a new version of the Firmware.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
210 Posts
using the menu button

go to the fine sync menu

go to save setting

you should be able to select 1280x720 if you are sending that resolution.

now i think you go to select setting or special modes, mine is on special mode 4.

4 for me translates to 1280x720.

let me know if this works.

i did it when i got the projector and haven't had to change it since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.