Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the Sharp projector and was simply amazed!!!:D

The picture quality was seemed much better than my Sony 53" XBR RPTV.

I was wondering if anybody has been able to do a direct comparison of the Sharp and Sanyo. I have talked to all the dealers in my area and nobody has the Sanyo. In fact, most dealers thought the Sanyo was inferior and prone to break (not suprising comments since they don't sell it).

I am not sure if I can swing the money for the Sharp, but even if I can, the picture quality was lowered considerably as light was let into the room. How much ambient light can the Sanyo have in the room before it starts losing a lot of its picture quality?

Lastly, if anybody in the tri-state area has the Sanyo and would be willing to let me see it - let me know. I am Westchester County but willing to travel to see the projector before I make a final decision.

Thanks,

George

·
Premium Member
24,320 Posts
Go to projectorcentral.com to see a recent comparison of the two. Within the last week there was a thread on it as well.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noah,

I did read the review on projectorcentral.com. I was just looking to see what people here had to say.

I will use the search feature and try to find the thread you mentioned.

Thanks,

GW

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think the Sanyo is more than twice the lumens of the Sharp... this is a good indicator that it will deal more easily with ambient light.

Reviewers says that with the Grayhawk and a little bit of indirect ambient light, the picture will be further improved.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.