AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new of Front Projector world, right now I have narrowed down my choice into these four, they are all about $3500.00 street price, I have 2 questions regarding these four projectors:

1. My room size is around 13X13, at 12-13 ft distance, the corresponding screen size of SHAPR, SONY, NEC, and Marantz is 67, 79, 97, and 97(I am using projectorcentral.com's project calculator to calculate these values, but I don't know how acculate this calculator is?), so in this case, NEC and Marantz are clearly the winners, but if let's say I don't care about the screen size, which projector will produce the best picture? My main source of video will be DVD. Let's say I will only use this project at night, so we don't need consider the ANSI lumens.

2. Besides these 4 projects, does any other projects at $3500.00 price range I need to consider?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I think you forgot that you can also use the zoom to get a larger picture at a fixed throw distance. Correct?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I've heard the Sanyo Z2 (at a much lower street price) compares very favorably to the Sony HS20. It is probably one of the most talked about PJs on the under $3500 forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.