AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new of Front Projector world, right now I have narrowed down my choice into these four, they are all about $3500.00 street price, I have 2 questions regarding these four projectors:

1. My room size is around 13X13, at 12-13 ft distance, the corresponding screen size of SHAPR, SONY, NEC, and Marantz is 67, 79, 97, and 97(I am using projectorcentral.com's project calculator to calculate these values, but I don't know how acculate this calculator is?), so in this case, NEC and Marantz are clearly the winners, but if let's say I don't care about the screen size, which projector will produce the best picture? My main source of video will be DVD. Let's say I will only use this project at night, so we don't need consider the ANSI lumens.

2. Besides these 4 projects, does any other projects at $3500.00 price range I need to consider?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i would get a 12s1 or the 9000u. both are great projectors.

if you can get an anamorphic lens, then the HT1000.

the 12s1 will produce the best picture out of all of them, but that is my personal opinion. no dvi though.

if you can spend about a thousand more then the benq 8700 is the cheapest hd2 machine you can get.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The Sharp, NEC, and Marantz have been discussed in the over-$3500 forum, so you might get more info there. Other people are asking this same question there.

The sizes you quote are for minimum zoom. All four projectors can throw bigger images.

You should also consider the Optoma H56, which is a direct competitor for the HT1000. The down side is that it has a long-throw lens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.