AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for throw distances for the Sharp XV-Z9000U. I tried contacting Sharp directly and they were of no help. They told me to call at the end of Sept when the product is released. I find it disappointing that a company can advertise a device in a publication but has no support in place to obtain additional info. Their web site was also no help. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is another thread that has some throw distance info.

I only calculated the minimum ratio because that will affect me the most.

I believe the minimum is 1.81 x screen width

There are also supposed to be some sort of long throw or wide angle attachments from Isco. Have not been able to get any details on it.

Paul

·
Registered
35 Posts
@tvita

So, for a 2.85 meters screen width (not diagonal!), I can operate the Sharp at max. 7.1 meters distance. That would perfectly match my currently used long throw beamer (HT250, at 6.9 meters distance). What a luck!! (okay...it's not official, but I can hope...)

best

Visar

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey John (a.k.a. abigpicture),

You found that throw ratio page yet?

Thanks,

------------------

Jim Lauritzen

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
this marked for internal use only...but it has been copied and sent out to here you go..

zoom lens 1: 1.35

so 100" wide screen projector lens must be 100" to 135" away..... it also says tentative ont the overall sheet...

Regards,

JOhn

·
Registered
110 Posts
I knew I saw the info somewhere.

In Sharp's press release.

Just use babelfish.altavista.com to translate

(Thanks to those who posted these press release links previously.)
http://www.sharp.co.jp/corporate/news/xvz9000.html http://www.sharp.co.jp/corporate/news/010717.html

Projection picture 30 - 300"

Projection distance 40" (1.6 - 2.2m), 100" (4.0 - 5.5m), 300" (12.2m - 16.5m)

100" diagonal (16:9 can be assumed based on the native panel shape)= 87" width

Minimum distance of 4m

4m * 39.37"/m = 157.5"

157.5" / 87" = 1.81 min throw ratio

Maximum distance of 5.5m

5.5m * 39.37"/m = 216.54"

216.54" / 87" = 2.49 max throw ratio

Paul

[This message has been edited by pms67 (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
364 Posts
I also think so. If with minimum zoom, it is 1.8, then with maximum zoom of 1.35, which is 1.8 x 1.35 = 2.43

But how did we get the figure 1.8 in the first place ? It should be the throw ratio as specified by Sharp.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Excuse a stupid question but what is the difference between these minimum to maximum distances? Do they represnt the range of distances the projector can be in to fill a particular screen size? Would you be best off going for the minimum distance for the sharpest picture?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Most beamers have a zoom lens (like on a digicam or photocamera). With this zoom, you can:

a) change the size of the projected picture (with fixed screen/beamer distance)

b) change the screen/beamer distance (with fixed picture size)

Every model or manufacturer has other lens, some are more wide lens, others more tele lens (long throw). Depending on your room and screen size, these can be a deal killer, if you have the wrong lens. There are some converter lens available, but they are very expensive.

best

Visar

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Here it is

16:9 screen screen width 92 " throw MAx 18'11" Min

13'11"

from the xv-Z9000U throw distance chart here is the formula for your own calculations..16:9 screens

y1(Max) = (.05510x - 0.04593) X 3.28

y2(min) = (.04068x - 0.04369) X 3.28

x= screen Size (diag) (inches)

y= Projection distance (feet)

Regards,

John

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.