AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on the gray market (i.e., Japanese direct version) Sharp z10000 menus? I recall seeing a post once upon a time that the gray market version would have menus in Japanese only.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, the Japanese gray market version will have menus in Japanese only, unless one can come up with the secret code to access the service menu. This info comes directly from a vendor who sells the gray market version of the Sharp 10000.

I too was wondering what happened to the original thread regarding the menus on the Sharp 10000. I guess it was pulled for some unknown reason.

Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have subsequently been told that the gray market version does have English menus.

This information is from a popular internet seller who "sets sales values" from the "land of the rising sun.";)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hope you are correct, but be very careful of your sources. The vendor I'm dealing with has a vested interest to sell the Z10000, so I can't imagine he would give me incorrect info. Here's the email I received from him, I will leave his name and place of business off since the owner of this forum disapproves of this:

Hi:

Well here is the scoop. I have gotten an answer from someone very reputable in Japan and here is what they had to say in there exact words:

"Everything is in English BUT the on-screen menu and the owners manual. The menu is not switchable to English except through the service menu which can't be accessed without being privy to the secret procedure to get to it."

So there you have it. That is what we have found out and what we can term to be the truth. Please excuse any misinformation given earlier.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The official policy from Sharp Japan is that XV-Z10000s sold inside the country cannot be switched to another language except by their service engineers.

Suzukino

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.