AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen this projector in action. i was wondering how the picture compares to the 9000.

Todd

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is said to obviously look better, with a much brighter look an feel accomplished. The sales person said they should be getting them within the next week, and i will go over and demo it, if no one has posted by then i guess it will be up to me :). It will be a side by side with a VW12ht and possibly Z9000 if hey still has it in the demo room. We'll be able to see the real capabilities then!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i would really like to hear how it looks compared to the 9000 in the same environment. i saw the marantz 12s2 the other day and it looked awesome. it was on a 1.5 gain screen connected dvi. even thought it was on the wrong screen it blew me away with the black levels. i have added the cc30r filter to my sharp and the black look amazing to me now. just want to hear some feedback on the 10000.

thanks,

todd

·
Registered
285 Posts
Toddbee, saw the Sharp Z1000 at CEDIA, I was extermely impressed with the PQ, Black levels and brightness, so much so that every time I viewed an other DLP HD2 front PJ demo ( Sim2, Dream Vision, Marantz, InFocus,Yamaha, to mention a few), I would race back to the Sharp theater to stand in line for the next demo. I saw the Sharp demo at least 9-10 times, really got sick of hearing the spiel, but loved the Picture. I'm not saying it was the absolute best, but I think that it was the most bang for the buck. The Sim2 at +$5,000 looked very good and the Marantz at +$2,000 also looked very good. Hands down, IMO the most stunning front projector was the NEC 4K, a tri-chip (utilizing 3-HD2 Black Metal chips) at a cool $50,000. I am giving serious consideration towards purchasing the Z10000. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Tanager - where do you live? I would love to bring over my Z9000 and do a head-to-head comparison. =) I'm in Southern California. Or you could bring yours to my place - I have a 100" Firehawk.

·
Wireless member
27,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by New B
It is said to obviously look better, with a much brighter look an feel accomplished. The sales person said they should be getting them within the next week, and i will go over and demo it, if no one has posted by then i guess it will be up to me :). It will be a side by side with a VW12ht and possibly Z9000 if hey still has it in the demo room. We'll be able to see the real capabilities then!
PERFECT! That's the exact matchup I'd like to hear about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.