AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asking around the Sharp dealers in the UK for a price on the Z9000E and they are saying 9000-10000ukp!!!

Also it will be available in December and in very limited amounts.

How on earth can they sell these things at that price when they are selling in Japan for 3500ukp.

Has anybody managed to order one from Japan via mailorder? The Japanese sites on the web I've asked don't export to the UK. I'm even considering travelling over there just to buy one!

·
Registered
219 Posts
A better idea might be to see if a Forum member living in Japan would agree to ship you one after a PayPal payment or some other arrangement.

3500 pounds is a very low price for this projector. Are you sure about that, and if so, can you provide the forum with the Japanese site links you have been using?

·
Registered
581 Posts
If I may make a suggestion...

Don't buy a U-Version. It has the missing PAL optimization!

Maybe you should try and import from Germany ?!

As far as I know the Sharp can be had for around 6000£

Cheers

Anthony

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony-V
If I may make a suggestion...

Don't buy a U-Version. It has the missing PAL optimization!

Maybe you should try and import from Germany ?!

As far as I know the Sharp can be had for around 6000£

Anthony,

That price would be good and I would certainly prefer an E-version but I could put up with a U-version. Do you know where and how I could get one for 6000? If need be I'd travel to Germany.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi there

I 'm trying to negotiate a deal with my country's sharp distributor so far he is quoting me around $ 7800 but i dont expect he'l go much lower than that

he is saying that the XV-Z9000E will be available around the end of dec

I wont say wich country just in case that sharp dosen't aprove of his pricing . but i'll be more than happy to answer that and any other questions if email me at

[email protected] generalmail.com

Note: my country is an XV-Z9000E / pal country

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just received a call from a supplier in the UK and the Sharp Z9000E has been released today in the UK. The price is 8000ukpounds. Availability is very limited though.

Price is better than the 9000ukp I was recently quoted but not low enough, I've ordered mine from Germany for 6000 ukpounds (includes Tax & Delivery) - which will hopefully be sent soon, there has been some sort of delay with supplies.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I can't believe it!

It's released in GE, UK, FR, but NOT in BE :mad:

grrrrr

Reason: there are still problems in PAL!

Any soon as someone receives a XV-Z9000E (I insist in the "E") in either one of the mentioned countries, could he verify what's going on that issue?

Thanks,

Carlos

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Quote:
The price is 8000ukpounds.
Even at that price, it is not really worth it. Sharp seems to be limiting supply and raising mystique like Sony did with the initial release of the 10HT. To me it seems like they are trying to keep the price of the z9000 artificially high.

My advice is to wait out this projector. The projectors that are comparable and competitive with it are half its price. It is just not prudent to purchase this projector at such an inflated price.

Before purchasing this projector at the $8-10K range it is selling for in the US check out what it is being compared to. Go to this web site and read for yourself http://www.projectorcentral.com/cons...ci=xp21n_z9000

The question you should be asking yourself is; if the Sharp is a comparable with a projector that is half its price then why is it not the same price. The answer may be that the Sharp is overpriced and OVER-HYPED. It would be prudent to wait the price out or buy the competition.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.