AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sharp z9000 Japanese version projector with a D4 digital input as input #1. Several retailers sell a RGB/D4 adapter. However, if D4 is a digital input, can a D4/DVI adapter be used to input a digital signal for us in the US?

Are there D4/DVI adapters?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have confirmed that input 1 on the Sharp Z9000 Japanese version - a D4 connection - is digital. Does anyone know where to find a D4/DVI adapter?

My understanding is the Game Cube has a D4 connection, so do Yamaha projectors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Input One D-terminal is not DVI, its Japanese Component input commonly used in Japanese TV, DVD and DVHS players. Please note that Z9000 does not accept digital input.

To maximize Z9K's input capability, you may order a D to RCA component cable to connect to anoother equipment.

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Little Pat - are you sure? The person in Japan that I bought my z9000 said input 1 is digital. There are a number of articles that identify D1-D5 (including D4) as digital inputs. D4 is suppose to input 720p. I am aware that there are adapters to go from d4 to rgb and I am that the US version has 2 rgb inputs.

The Japanese version has 1 rgb input - why didn't they just provide a second rgb input instead of a D4 input?

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
They have made an error on that listing.

This is nothing new...the D4 connection has been discussed here for over a year and it's been 100% analog all along... :)

Longshot has this PJ from Japan and he's feeding the component output (480) from his panny rp91 to this input via a special adaptor cable. It's 100% analog...but the picture, IMO, looks better than via the usual RGB coax cables. The cable seems to introduce less noise...and IMO the picture improved noticably when he switched to using it.

-dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
creativewriters

I guess that's mistake in the spec you stated. I do acquire a 2nd hand Z9K and my DVD (SD9500) and DVHS recorder (Victor DHX1) and TV (Victor 36D1500) get connected by either RCA component or D-terminal, which are the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.