AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new and most of the posts I read are over my head so please forgive me. I have a Dish for my hd signal. I hook up my HD signal from my dish (15 pin)directly to the 15 pin input on my z9000. I have a firehawk 113 diag -I think. In standard mode the picture is small and when I switch to "dot by dot" it cuts off the tops of evertbodies head. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
262 Posts
You say you hook up the dish directly to the projector? Do you mean from the HD tuner to the projector? What make and model tuner do you have? If you are passing the HD signal through the tuner to the projector, have you tried the multiple aspect ratios on the Sharp (I believe the button on the remote reads "resize")?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes my Dish is an hd dish. The z9000 in the computer mode (15pin) only has 2 resize options 'normal' and 'dot by dot'.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a Sony HD-200 satellite hooked up to my Sharp 9000 via RGB.

The best way to use the RGB input is to set your satellite receiver into 720p and then enter the mode into the Sharp 9000 menu. The mode you want to add is 1280x720 pixels. After this is done, you may need to Re-Sync the Sharp while HDNET picuture is being displayed.

btw: use dot by dot mode.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Antsinger. As I stated I'm pretty green. How do I enter the 1280x720 into the sharp on the menu?

·
Registered
32 Posts
You should get a 15 pin to rgbhv cable(break-out cable) and go into input # 1 or# 2 from your sat receiver.. These are the inputs for you sat receiver and dvd player. The # 5 input is for the computer. First you need to know what version you 9000 software is. That will tell us if it is possible to scale 16x9 in input #5.The #1 or#2 input will allow you to select rgb or component as your type of input. In rgb you will locked in one size mode. That will be no problem because the pj will scale every thing correctly. In the component mode input you will be able to select 4 different size modes. See what version software your pj is running by selecting the last menu on the right marked status. The version will appear on the bottom right. If the version # starts with 2 then you have the software that allows internal bypass of Sharp scaler allowing you to get a 16x9 image from input #5.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've found the Input 5 method to look much better than the scaled images you get from input 1/input 2.

You need to go input the Fine Sync menu.

First thing to do is put your Sat receiver in 720P mode.

In there you need, I'm remembering the best I can, to select save setting.

This will create a setting that has a Resolution of 1280x720 with a Vert Freq of 60 hz. Now once this is done, all you do is go to Select Setting on the same Fine Sync menu and select it. That should do it.

For more information do a search on this board for sharp 9000 and input 5. A lot of discussion on this 6 months ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.