AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This is my first post, as I am knew to this forum...but hopefully you all can help me. My question is, does anyone know what the difference is between these two sharp lcd tv's...

Model #'s

LC-46E77U

LC-46D85U

I have tried to look everywhere on the internet and I cannot find a difference, the prices are even close. I just called sharp, and sadly, they said the spec's are identical, and they just have different models for all size's of their TV's. I just can't believe that they would have two 46" tv's with two model #'s that are the same. I figure maybe one is a newer model? I just wanted to know if anyone has any idea, and second if anyone own's the LC-46E77U

in particular, as I am about to order it. I just want to know if this is a good tv and if you all would recommend it.

Thanks in advance as always.

~Q

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you spend any time reading threads about Sharp TVs, you'll quickly learn that the Sharp representatives seem to have absolutely no clue about what they sell.

The E77U is this year's version of the D85U, and fixes a number of niggling issues with the D85U series, such as banding problems. I believe it also has a brighter, more contrasty panel than the D85Us, and also has a game mode, which lowers input lag considerably.

Given that the price for the two TVs is very close, I don't see much reason to choose the D85U over the E77U.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QualityOnly /forum/post/17008974

My question is, does anyone know what the difference is between these two sharp lcd tv's...

Model #'s

LC-46E77U

LC-46D85U

- The E77U series is the newest model from Sharp. I'm not familiar enough with their new TV's to tell you what the exact differences are. I do have the 52D85U though and it's been a great TV for gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marumari /forum/post/17009037

I believe it also has a brighter, more contrasty panel than the D85Us, and also has a Game Mode, which lowers input lag considerably.

Given that the price for the two TVs is very close, I don't see much reason to choose the D85U over the E77U.

- The D85U also has a game mode. I would agree that the E77U should be a better choice since it is newer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue /forum/post/17009049

- The E77U series is the newest model from Sharp. I'm not familiar enough with their new TV's to tell you what the exact differences are. I do have the 52D85U though and it's been a great TV for gaming.

- The D85U also has a game mode. I would agree that the E77U should be a better choice since it is newer.

Ok,

Well I thought that was the deal, just a newer version. I'm blond and just want to make sure I understand both of you, marumari and toker......you guys would recommend this TV right? Video games...PS3...and HD cable/blu-ray?

Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue /forum/post/17009049

Figures! The one feature I couldn't remember and go to Sharp's website to check... and they lie about it. Foo!

·
Registered
165 Posts
sharp lc46e77u

The only knock on this set are the speakers which if turned up are flat and tinny. That is not a concern for us as we've wired for surround however if you do not have a sound system I would consider a sound bar.

Credit : RTP Review

·
Registered
5,991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QualityOnly /forum/post/17009070

Well I thought that was the deal, just a newer version. I'm blond and just want to make sure I understand both of you, marumari and toker......you guys would recommend this TV right? Video games...PS3...and HD cable/blu-ray?

- I really like the TV, but the main reason I bought it was for gaming. It's a decent TV with low input lag. The black levels are mediocre and the video processing is just average. The picture quality isn't as good as the Sony and Samsung LCD's, but it is priced lower.

Xbox360, PS3, HD-DVD and PS3 look good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts