AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change my DVD player from a JVC with the mediamatics chip. I want a player that has a sharp picture with good deinterlacing. I am thinking RP82 but are there any other suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Also, the Panasonic Cp-72... has the same faroudja dcdi chip as the RP82, is in greater supply, is a 5 disc carousel, AND you can get it in silver (like the RP82) or black to match your other components. Oh! and you may can even get it for cheaper. It's quite the hot topic in the DVD hardware forum these days. :)

RP91 is also a great choice, but bumps you up a notch into another price bracket.

·
Registered
95 Posts
After trying various Sony players and a string of Panasonic players, I settled on the RP82........it is the best I have found so far, as far as cheap player go. Simply stunning image on the AE300.

Jason

·
Registered
418 Posts
The best DVD player for the AE300 would be a tweaked HTPC. Other than that I agree, the RP82 combined with the AE300 gives an amazing picture. Also, there's some talk about a soon to be released Philips player which has Faroujda deinterlacing and built in scaling features. If I recall correctly, Li-On mentioned something in the "bye-bye HS10, bye bye AE300 thread".

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought i read that the RP82 outperforms in image quality over the Rp91?

What connection would work best from the DVD to the AE300. I already have an installed AA transcoder and VGA from the DVD component out. Would this work good on the AE300 or should it just be component (seems like a long run for component cables -->30 feet.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Do you guys know whether either the RP82 or RP91 can do PAL progressive out of the box as well (I checked that it can play PAL DVDs)?

Thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.