AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a huge leap in sharpness on any of these projectors or are they all really close ?

I currently have the HC3800 which I find really sharp and I am unsure if I have reached the sharpess limit or can it get even better ?

Thanks so much for your help or input

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I have had the HC4000 and the A900B. The A900B was a little sharper but it was not a huge difference to my eyes and I like a sharper image.

Mike

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I haven't seen the HC3800 but I bet they use the same lens so I seriously doubt it would be sharper.

Mike

·
Registered
998 Posts
I went from a Sharp Z15000 which had some of the first run of .65" DLP chips (same as HC3800) and recently got a used INfocus IN83 which has the larger .95" Darkchip4 DLP chip (same as the A900B). When displaying a pixel grid, the IN83 looks a tad sharper but not much noticeable difference. However when displaying actual video, its easy to pick the two apart. The native CR of the IN83 looks better in dark scenes and seems to bring out more detail. I am not sure what attribute causes this but I have found that other projectors with the larger DLP chips also seem to give an overall more dimensional image.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieuk147 /forum/post/20817113

Thanks so much mate

I currently have the HC3800 do you think its worth upgrading to the HC4000 for sharpness ?

Didn't the lens of the 3800 often times have CA? I seem to remember reading that. I know that has not been a problem with the 4000, so maybe they are not the same lens. Anyway, I doubt that you could tell the difference as long as either lens dd not have a defect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.