AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see all these people using settings 5-15.ive been using around 20.Watching the hockey game I noticed there is less blur the higher the setting is.It does add artificial edges.I'm trying 50 now.

I have samsung51pne450 it's 1024 x768 panel.Ive read a lot of reviewers say some samsungs have blurry motion.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first hockey game I checked was a 1080i broadcast and benefited from higher sharpness setting.I checked a channel that broadcast 720p with a hockey game and it didnt benefit as much as other game when raising sharpness.It might be to with the way theyre broadcasting it and not the resolution it's broadcast in.The 720p game did not get less blurry hockey player motion when raising sharpness like the 1080i game did.I'll try remember and check the next games.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I usually start with 0. if the source is 1:1 pixel mapping, there's really nothing that a sharpness control should be doing.

depending on use though, I've gone up as high as 10, but I've never seen anything look 'right' beyond that.

when you have differently resolutions for the display and content though, I don't know. maybe the sharpness setting helps somewhat with the scaling?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts