AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the ad today. Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Grace are all early Blu Ray releases at Best Buy. They will be available this Tuesday August 25th, which is almost a full month before the general release. Interesting.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Saw this too. I kind of wondered whether the people that used to put together the ads from Circuit City got hired by Best Buy to do their "bait and switch" ads, but then I recall seeing Children of the Corn early in Best Buy also. Other places on the internet seem to think that BB got a early distribution right, but today is the first I have heard about it.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVH /forum/post/17047903

Saw this too. I kind of wondered whether the people that used to put together the ads from Circuit City got hired by Best Buy to do their "bait and switch" ads, but then I recall seeing Children of the Corn early in Best Buy also. Other places on the internet seem to think that BB got a early distribution right, but today is the first I have heard about it.

It's true. I first heard about it around a week ago but they've essentially got it for a month.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Hot Fuzz has the potential to re-define the look and sound of perfect but on BLU.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Best Buy has done this a few times now. i imagine it to get folks in the store. if they'd make the BD prices more competitive they could sell more... if the price is right i may get Shaun of the Dead as i already have fuzz on HD-DVD

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Best Buy had the Iron Maiden Blu-Ray exclusively for a month, too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If all of my past experiences at Best Buy are any indication, then I'd drive down there only to find they don't have any copies of the title I'm after (and I'm talking about major new titles -- not some obscure French flick.) So I'm reluctant to go there for this.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzer /forum/post/17061425

If all of my past experiences at Best Buy are any indication, then I'd drive down there only to find they don't have any copies of the title I'm after (and I'm talking about major new titles -- not some obscure French flick.) So I'm reluctant to go there for this.

Have you thought about using their in-store pick up option?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just a heads up. In my area most copies of Hot Fuzz and SOTD are being stocked at BB on the aisle endcaps. You may or may not find them in the New Releases or regular Blu-ray sections. Check the endcaps if you can't find them there.

·
Registered
398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraMajor /forum/post/17061890

Just a heads up. In my area most copies of Hot Fuzz and SOTD are being stocked at BB on the aisle endcaps. You may or may not find them in the New Releases or regular Blu-ray sections. Check the endcaps if you can't find them there.

Same here in Cambridge MA. ONLY seen on the endcaps - both New Releases & catalog sections did not have these.

·
Registered
15,823 Posts
Picked up Hot Fuzz since I had a coupon. We'll be watching it tonight! Yeah, boy!!!

I just hope it's as good or better than the HD-DVD version and Universal didn't pull a Gladiator.

Any word on the A/V quality of Shaun of the Dead?

I'd also love to pick up a copy of Spaced. I think I can live with it on DVD since it was probably shot with low grade 525i PAL video cameras at the time, which would make a Blu-ray release a totally moot point, and I luuuuuuved the series, as short as it was.

It would be great to see Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and the rest of the cast of that classic, wacky sitcom get together on another project.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I picked up "Hot Fuzz" in BD today. I watched the last 15 minutes of the movie as a demo. The PQ is awesome, but the SQ is FREAKIN awesome! My subwoofer was getting a serious beating!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts