Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all.

Does anyone know what is the shelf life of the NEC LT150 replacement bulbs?

Thomas

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thomas I asked this question a while back and got the same resounding response.... I guess no one knows...

Miles

·
Registered
243 Posts
Has anybody tried their replacement bulbs yet ? Are there any consequences when just swapping bulbs for a tryout ? Should I clear any timers? I'm curious as to why prices plunged 25% all of a sudden. With the additional 20 % off from Dell , this was too good to pass up.

·
Registered
846 Posts
What's the shelf life of a regular 100W light bulb for that matter? Seems a long time. I keep bulbs in my closet for years.

Yeah, you caught me. Don't know a thing about lamps.

I do know one thing. Betcha 6 months from now when I plug the thing in it doesn't work and I'm out $250. I suppose I should test it now. :mad:

--Les

·
Registered
52 Posts
According to my GE Lamp rep, the shelf life is indefinate. He has seen lamps from 50 years ago come out of the box and perform flawlessly. I had some Metal Halide lamps on my shelf over 10yrs old that worked fine and are still working fine. The lamp's shelf life will probably outlast the projector in the case of the LT150.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
It's a moot question as most of us will run out of hours on current lamp after 1-2 years. There is a worry about lamp not firing up 1 year later but with NEC great warranty policy, I would not worry that much. There may be some detriment in firing up a bulb for short period and the risks of changing bulb (introducing dust into optics, dropping bulb, soiling bulb with finger print, jarring bulb (weakening filament), etc. I'm leaving mine alone in the closet as I don't want to mess with perfection. If my bulb won't fire, I'll yell to NEC until I get a replacement and I'll bet they'd honor it as I'll have my reset counter on my PJ and extra used bulb with purchase receipt of my PJ and bulb a year ago to prove it. They probably can tell if a bulb is new or not by looking at it as used bulb may have stains on glass. Thus if bulb looks new and does not fire along with a used bulb, receipts, and PJ counter of 0 hours, I'd bet NEC will honor the 6 mo. warranty. This is a company that will send you a 2.5K brand new PJ BEFORE receiving your bad one for 36 hour warranty service--granted with credit card on hold. Thus, I think their policy is to trust the consumer as we may buy more things from them in future. Overwhelming odds are that it will work just fine like the regular bulbs in your closet 1 year from now :) Stop worrying and enjoy your PJ.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If the bulb is like most projector bulbs, it will have a 90 day warranty from date of purchase. If the bulb that came with your projector is beyond 90 hours, you could put in the new bulb and run it for 90 days and switch back to the original. That way you will have gotten a test of both bulbs under maximum warranty. I don't think NEC will honor the warranty as if it were for 90 days from when you say you installed the bulb.

Chuck Davis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.